Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2012 Blessings and 2013 Goals

The holiday season, at least in my family, was focused on Christmas. The New Year was just a little post-Christmas blip that kept us out of school for a couple more days. Nothing too special, really.

This year, though, I've found myself reflecting more and more on New Year's. On saying goodbye to the old and welcoming in the new. For me, part of this has been looking back, seeing how much has changed, and giving thanks for all I have, and making goals for the future. 

My Blessings, 2012

1. Marrying the man of my dreams. We spent years and years wishing we could see each other every day, or even once a week. Now, I see my Hunky Husband all the time, even if it's just waving at him as he blows snow off of the sidewalks. It's an amazing thing, marrying your best friend. I think it's the best gift I've ever been given.

2. Our home. Zeke has provided so completely for me. I love our home, even when it seems like it may be way too small to house all of our stuff (I always blame the stuff for that). I love spending time here. I love coming home from trips. I love waking up in the morning and being here. It keeps us warm in the winter and cool in the summer. We are also incredibly blessed in that we don't pay rent- Zeke's job covers our housing costs.

3. Our families. We both are blessed with large, happy families. Together, we have two nieces and two nephews, five sisters, and two brothers. Over Christmas time, I was overwhelmed with the fact that I have not only one family that loves me, but two! I'm so thankful for the lessons they've taught me, the patience they extend to me, and the time they spend with me!

4. Not having a job. Yeah, this is a strange one... but not having a full time job this past year has truly been a blessing in disguise. I've been able to take time to figure out how to be a good wife to my new husband, gotten to learn more about my community, and spend some time organizing and making our house into a home.

5. Our camp community. I've never lived somewhere so spiritually uplifting before (and that includes my time at a Christian college!) The people surrounding us are so wonderful, so godly, and such good role models. Their transparency with us, the commitment to sharing prayer requests, and the fact that God is central in our community makes for a wonderful place to live with a wonderful camp family.


2013 Goals

1. Healthier living. We've had a bit of a reminder this year (through some family health issues) that caring for our bodies needs to be more of a priority. Starting next week, Zeke and I will be trying to incorporate some juice meals into our diets, both for the nutrients and the weight-loss benefits. Neither of us has been eating very healthily... and we'd like to change that. 

2. A greater closer walk with the Lord. I think this one is a constant goal, but more specifically, I'd like to spend more time in His Word. I think I have a pretty consistent prayer life, but I really struggle to sit and read the Bible. 

3. Less TV. I've realized that if I watch TV during the day, I get about 1/3 of the tasks accomplished that I do if the TV is off. I'd like to be more productive during my home days, getting my household tasks done and then working on craft projects Zeke gets home. 


What are your goals and blessings? 


No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only