Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dinner Tonight: Creamy Tortellini Tomato Soup

Little Wife's Creamy Tortellini Tomato Soup

2 large cloves garlic
2 Tbs olive Oil (didn't have any, used vegetable)
2 cans tomato soup (10.75 oz)
2 Tbs tomato paste (didn't use it...)
2 cups of half-and-half (or 1 cup milk, 1 cup half and half)
2 cups chicken stock
1 tsp onion powder
Italian seasoning (about 1/2 tsp)
Salt and pepper to taste
Cheese tortellini (I used a package that said it serves 4)


Ready for the super difficult instructions??

-In large pot, saute the garlic in the olive oil . Add soup, tomato paste, half-and-half, stock, and spices.
-Bring to a simmer, stir well.
-Drop tortellini into soup and cook according to package directions.
-Enjoy!

I stole this picture from here... when I went to go take a picture of my leftovers, it had somehow disappeared! The recipe on this site is a little different, but sounds good, too! I'll have to make this again and take a picture of my own...

My comments: The soup came out thicker than I expected, but man, was it good. Very filling. I'm glad I doubled this recipe! I kept it mostly vegetarian for my sister, who is visiting, but I think adding sausage or another meat would have been good, too.

HH comments: I like it. (He's a man of few words... perhaps the better indicator was that he helped with dishes afterward!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only