Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Monday, December 15, 2014

Prodigal Son

Most of us know the Parable of the Prodigal Son.

It's about a younger son, who demands his inheritance from his father (rude) and runs off, completely wasting all of it on partying. He ends up hungry and degraded, doing manual labor, feeding pigs. Finally, he decides to return home and ask his father if he can be a servant. The father runs outside when he sees his son coming and forgives him, giving him a welcome home party. If you wanna read the whole story, you can find it here.

It's a wonderful story of redemption and forgiveness.

I want to be the younger son. He's dumb and makes bad decisions, but realizes his mistakes, and comes home to be forgiven, welcomed back.

I'm definitely not the younger son, though. Yeah, I make mistakes and bad decisions, but...

I'm the older son in this story.

Continue at Blogs for Christian Women, where I'm being featured today! 

2 comments:

  1. Wow is this convicting. I have also been in the older son's shoes. Maybe I'm still there. But oh how much harder your journey is than mine! There is no doubt in my mind that Jesus is preparing some great in your life. And that He is walking closely with you as you carry this cross.

    ReplyDelete

nRelate Posts Only