Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Thursday, March 27, 2014

Pretty, Funny, Happy, Real

{Pretty}

Well, I may not be thrilled about the fact that it started snowing again today, but I have to admit, it is kind of pretty....

{Funny}

Early this week, Zeke and I took a couple days "off" to go up to northern Minnesota and pick up some mattresses for Camp and drop off a piano.


I'm not sure when we got the most looks- when we were driving though a snowstorm with a piano strapped on the back, or driving home with the leaning tower of mattresses.


{Happy, and Pretty, too}

When Zeke's wonderful grandmother passed away, we inherited many of her paintings. I've been storing many of them, but I dug a few of them out the other day and started finding new places for them.


They make me smile.

{Real}

Honestly, this has been a rough week. A rough week that's led me to find far too few moments of contentment. I'm dealing with some of this, while also struggling with a lot of this.

Yesterday was especially hard.

See, some circumstances beyond my control led me to a dark place where the enemy pelts me with lies.

"Zeke would be better off if he'd never met you."

"Your life is meaningless and hopeless."

"You deserve this more than she does and it's not fair - you're better than her."

 "God doesn't care about you." 

"Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places." Ephesians 6:11-12
Those lies are just that- lies. Lies told to me by the evil one. I need to cling to the Truth, hear once again of God's amazing love for me through Christ. I need the belt of truth that Paul talks about later in this passage, to center me and ground me and keep me together.

And you know what? This whole thing hurts, and I am allowed to feel that. But the way I deal with it, in light of the hope to which God has called me- that has to change. 




Linking up today with Clan Donaldson and Like Mother Like Daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only