Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Friday, December 28, 2012

Merry Belated Christmas!

My goodness!

Can you believe that Christmas has come and gone already? I've learned this year that one of the joys of being married is bouncing from family to family during the holidays. We're lucky, though- Zeke's parents and my parents live in the same town. I can't imagine traveling hours and hours to see everyone... and I know that for a lot of people, that's exactly what they do!

Christmas this year was a lot of fun. Both sides of our family now have little ones, and seeing Christmas through the eyes of the kids made the holiday even more special.

This Christmas also brought a little sorrow, unfortunately. On the 23rd, Zeke and I went to visit his grandmother after church, and she seemed pretty sick. She had a really rattly-sounding chest, her coloring wasn't good... and the most telling sign of all was that she wanted to go see a doctor. Zeke's dad came to her house shortly afterward, and we all took her to Urgent Care. She's been in the hospital ever since, battling with lung cancer, some fluid around her heart,dehydration, and what seems to be bronchitis. At 97 years old, she's lived a wonderful life and touched so many people... it was very hard to see her in such discomfort. Your prayers for Grandma would be greatly appreciated!


Christmas decorations! I actually reused some wedding decorations and added a bow to the cedar candle holders.

  I hope that your Christmas was filled with family, love, and laughter as you celebrated the gift of Christ to the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only