Today was.. bleh. You know those days? I can't be the only one who has those. To combat the "blehs," here's a list of five things I love today.
1. The robins. About two weeks ago, robins started showing up- a lovely and hopeful sign of spring. Cut to two weeks later, with four inches of snow on the ground. As the snow fell yesterday, the robins starting hopping around, looking horribly confused. While I feel a little bad for these poor, cold, little birds, it's so funny to watch them standing under the deck and in the tire tracks to stay out of the snow. Poor robins.
2. My husband. Last night, he parked our truck in his maintenance shop so the melting snow didn't flood our garage, but instead ran down the fancy drains in the shop floor. Because there was that much snow on the truck. Anyways, this morning, I thought I'd have to hike over to the shop so I could take the truck to school. I put on my snow boots and got ready to start my trek... and saw the truck in the driveway. My sweet, sweet husband, after getting up before 6 to start clearing snow, went and brought the truck from the shop. (He's #2, because while he's wonderful and sweet, he's not quite as cute as the robins).
3. Camp. We don't have internet at our new house yet, so I've been heading over to the camp office building to do my online homework. It's like, the best thing ever. There are always interesting and caring people around saying things like, "We found another counselor for this weekend! Yes! Oh, let's pray," and singing or humming all the time. It's lovely.
4. Having a mantle. The new house (which isn't at all new, just new to us) is so full of character and quirks. I just love it. And... the house has a fireplace! We can't use it, at the moment, because it isn't up to code, but I'm just so excited to have a mantle to decorate for Christmas next year. <Sigh> So far away....
5. Wool socks. While I never thought I'd be saying this in mid-April, wool socks are the best. So cozy, so warm.