Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Packing Tips- Cleaning Supplies: Honeymoon Road Trip


On a three-week camping/road trip, there's gonna be some dirty stuff. Like laundry and dishes. Because we're not entirely sure where we're going to end up or what kind of facilities will be available, and we'll be doing some camping, we want to be prepared for whatever is thrown our way. Here's how we're covering cleaning supplies.


I wanted to keep all the cleaning stuff in a pretty centralized (and easy to find if needed) location. I packed a clean towel and a dishrag for dish-washing along the way, as well as a small bottle of dish soap with a good, solid cap. I took two empty Crystal Lite containers, cleaned them out, and filled them with enough powdered laundry detergent for seven washes. I also packed a spoon, to make it easier to get the laundry detergent out, and a bunch of clothes pins. We also brought along some cord to use as a makeshift clothesline if need be.

All of this fit inside of a gallon-sized ice cream container. I brought two along, so that one can be used for hot soapy dishwater, and the other for cool rinse water.

To wash clothes, I knew I would need a bigger container (especially if I'm going to be washing Zeke's jeans... a six foot five man means a lot of material!)




I brought a 24 quart Sterilite container with nice sturdy handles for laundry washing, as well as half of a plastic shoe tray. The shoe tray will be used to air dry clean dishes.


I also wanted something for in the car to clean messy hands and faces. I found these makeup removing wipes (I bought the 40 pack), and I'll be using them for two different purposes. You don't need to rinse with water for these, and I thought they may come very much in handy on cold nights or mornings when I don't want to head all the way to the bathrooms to wash my face. I put about ten of the wipes into a ziplock bag for my backpack,  and then we'll keep the big package in the car.


So there you have it! Our on-the-road cleaning supplies kit!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So prepared! Hope you're having a great time.

    ReplyDelete

nRelate Posts Only