Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Friday, September 6, 2013

Learning to Trust My Body

A huge adjustment of using FAM, at least for me, was really relying on and believing in my body. Before using FAM, a lot of the signals my body sends me were ignored completely. I just wasn't aware of them. Cut to using FAM- the Fertility AWARENESS Method!

Unfortunately, although I'm now aware of those signals, I still try to come up with logical ways to explain them that make sense to me, rather than just trusting those signals.

Last night, I was super crabby toward Zeke. Like, really angry. For no reason. I just thought, "well, I'm really tired. I'm just cranky because I need more sleep!"

My basal body temperature today was low... 96.8. Yesterday I was at 97.1. Probably because I went to bed later than I should have.

Then I woke up this morning with a headache- another one of my signals. Hmm, must need caffeine.

And then, at 10:30, I got my period. In my office, completely without supplies.

My body was all like, "HELLO!?! What do you mean you're not prepared and have to run home? I totally warned you!"

But I didn't think about the signs. I was aware of them, I just didn't take them seriously and instead rationalized them subconsciously.

Conclusion: The human body (especially the female version, in my opinion) is a fantastic thing. It knows what it's doing, generally speaking. I've gotta be aware of the signals it sends, and think about what those might mean!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only