Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Friday, April 4, 2014

I'm Adrie, and I Tag Along

I'm linking up with Kendra today! And also because it's "my brain is fried" Friday... so I'm tagging along. Such a follower. 


MY QUESTIONS FOR YOU:

1. Where do you live? And why do you live there?


Gooood question. We live at Camp. I talk about it a lot. Today it looks like this around here...


... which makes me regret the fact that we didn't move to, say, Florida.

But truly, (despite the snow) we're so blessed to be here. We live right on site, so rent is included in our salaries, and the commute is an entire 50 steps from my front door to my office.

Zeke started this job almost two years ago now. After his first week, we were talking about how it all was going (we weren't quiiiiite married yet), and he told me what a typical day looked like. He started with, "Well, at 8:30, we have staff prayer..." and I was like, "You pray together every day?" and he said, "Yep."

And it was then that I knew this was the place for us. That, and he got to work with Dennis.

2. What's are you currently watching and/or reading?


I've been reading "The Power of a Praying Wife," by Stormie O'Martin (seriously, I think Stormie is the best name), and books about Amish people by Beverly Lewis. I can't remember which one I'm reading right now... but they have such a peaceful tone to them that they're perfect "before bed" books.

3. What kind of Catholic are you: cradle, or convert? (Or considering?)


I am not Catholic. We currently attend a church (Evangelical Free denomination) that is a wonderful fit for us. I love Catholics, though, and I love the Theology of the Body...  
 
4. Can you point to one moment or experience that made you a practicing Catholic? (Or want to be?)


Yeah, like I said- the Theology of the Body and openness to life. NFP has made such a difference in our marriage and faith lives, even though no children have come along yet. And also- Catholic bloggers are really pretty awesome. =)

5. How many pairs of shoes do you own?

Um. Like, 15? But I only wear about 5 pairs regularly- the rest are just hanging around making my entryway closet overfull. I get emotionally attached to shoes, and have trouble getting rid of them even when I don't wear them anymore. <Sigh>  

6. Are you a good dancer?

I like to think I am.... but not really, no. Doesn't stop me, though!  

7. Who usually drives, you or your husband?

The hubs. I get nervous driving when he's in the car, especially since we got one that's a stick shift! Yes, we're still at that point in our marriage. He's been driving since he was little (seriously, very, very little) and I didn't get my license until I was 17.  

8. What's your favorite holiday and how do you celebrate it?

Mmm, tough one. I love Christmas, but I like birthdays better. Does that count? We usually do very simple stuff for birthdays, but I really like making someone's day as special as possible. Zeke didn't really celebrate birthdays in his family, so I like coming up with really cheesy plans for his birthday. Party hats and all.  

9. Which is correct? Left or right?




Oh my goodness, left. In fact, the picture on the right is bugging me.  

10. Do you have any scars?

Yep. Nothing too cool or interesting, really... a couple of scars from getting moles removed, and then one on the bridge of my nose. 

There's a story behind that one.

You know those large, industrial ice makers? 

Like this one?



The silver door in the front lifts up, and you kind of prop the door against the top part so it says open so you can scoop ice out.

Yeah. Okay. So, about two months before my wedding, was working at a Camp (not this one, the camp we worked at before this...) as a retreat host, and I was getting ice water ready to set on the tables for lunch. I was in a hurry because I was running late. 

I propped up the door and bent over the ice maker to scoop out some ice, and the big heavy door fell down. And smashed me in the nose. 

Joan, the cook at the camp, was standing with her back to me, like 5 feet away, if that. She is nearly deaf, and she didn't hear a thing. 

I went to the bathroom because I started bleeding everywhere, and got super upset because, geez, that hurt, and because I was getting married in two months and was going to have a scar! I put a bandaid on it and got back to work. Zeke showed up for lunch shortly after that, saw the bandaid, and asked me what happened. I burst into tears in front of an entire group of retreat guests. 

Let me tell you, it wasn't the last time I've burst into tears while Zeke looks at me all confused.

I didn't need stitches, but it had to be glued together. I told everyone that I was attacked by a panther. 

You can't really see the scar in the wedding pictures, but it's there.   

11. What's the most famous thing you've ever done? 


The most famous... hmm. I was in a couple of plays! And one musical- and I even had a solo! But that was about it. I'm a "behind the scenes" kind of gal, truly.


I'm sure that your Friday has been enlightened by learning these 11 things about me (ha). Now, get thee to the link up and see everyone else's much more interesting Things!



No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only