Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Bad Joan Bars

Before Zeke got his job at this camp, he worked at a camp in Minnesota. I did, too, actually, but he worked there much longer.

Anyway, there was a cook at the camp named Joan.

She's a very talented little woman. And I mean little. She's about my height (five foot), thinner than me, and about eighty years old. And hard of hearing, which makes it interesting to work with her.

Like, there was this one time, when I was hosting a retreat group, and the ice maker door fell on my face, smashing my nose pretty good. Joan was about three feet away. Didn't hear a thing. Which was probably a good thing for my pride.

Joan makes these amazing peanut butter bars. A-maze-ing. And she makes them pretty often. Every time she does, I end up eating like, seventeen of them. I hated when Joan made those bars. The workouts and dieting were all for naught.

Hence the name, Bad Joan Bars. They're just too irresistible. When she'd make them, we'd all say, "Bad Joan!"

And here's the recipe. I'm sorry.

Bad Joan Bars

1 c melted butter
2 c graham cracker crumbs (fine)
2 c powdered sugar
1 c peanut butter

Topping: 
4 Tbs peanut butter
1 1/2 c chocolate chips (or white chocolate chips)


-Mix graham cracker crumbs, melted butter , and powdered sugar
-Add 1 c peanut butter, mix until well blended
-Press into ungreased 9x13" pan
-Melt chocolate with peanut butter, stirring often
-Spread melted chocolate over the graham cracker layer
-Refrigerate at least one hour before cutting.

I tried to get a picture before sneaked a bar away, but that didn't work out so well... Like I said, they're pretty irresistible.


We didn't have any milk chocolate, so we used white chocolate instead, which I'd never tried, but they turned out just as irresistible!


1 comment:

nRelate Posts Only