Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Monday, September 17, 2012

A List.

Our internet is baaaack! Whoo! I've got a couple recipes to post, but today, in honor of having internet (thank you for fixing it, guy who lives below us), I'm just get all caught up with the highlights of the past week or so.

A List:

1. We did not get our new mattress yet. We had to have it ordered, but it should be here by next week! Zeke is building a frame for it, which could be an interesting late-night project... we'll see how this goes.

2. Today I fell asleep on my couch at 4:30 in the afternoon. I don't remember falling asleep, though. Weird.

3. We started the process of moving stuff around in our house- it's amazing how much more space there is now that a spare bed and dresser are gone!

4. Tucker Turtle has picked up some bad habits. Apparently, last time Zeke's little brother was in town, he spent some time tormenting playing with Tucker. Now the little Tucky fellow tries to bite when he gets picked up. He hasn't actually succeeded as of yet (mostly because his neck is pretty chubby... too many moths on the farm), but it isn't a habit that I like. Tuck's gotta be around lots of kids.... and the biting thing? Not making me happy. I've been taking some time every day to handle him, so hopefully he'll go back to his human-loving, trusting, green little self.

5. The reason I've been able to take so much time with Tucker? I haven't subbed in two weeks now. Bummer, I know. I was hoping to be busier than this, but I guess, it's not cold and flu season, teacher in-services are just starting up... hopefully I'll get some calls this week or the next.

6. I'm really making a big effort in the Live Healthy Iowa Next Step challenge! My goal is to stay above 10,000 steps a day, and so far, I've been doing okay. I missed out on my walk today, which actually really disappointed me. I planned to walk in the morning, but it was raining. I should have done an exercise video at least, but I cleaned house, folded laundry, and then plopped in front of the television. And fell asleep. (See #2). Now that I have internet back, I'll be posting my step totals- then you guys can cheer me on, too! Today, I'm up to 7,408. Not great. Tomorrow will be better.

7.  This weekend is the women's retreat here at camp. My mom is coming, too. I'm really excited! Things have been pretty quiet around camp lately, and I've missed the fellowship.


That's about all over here! Hopefully I'll be able to sleep tonight after my late nap... we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only