Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Taco Casserole


Taco Casserole! 

I asked Zeke what he was hungry for last week, and he said, "Casserole." He's an easy to please kind of man. And I love him for it. So after I exhausted some of my classic casserole recipes (Tater Tot Casserole, etc...), I found this great one! It's easy there aren't too many ingredients to hunt for, and I had almost everything on hand. You can add more veggies to the casserole if you'd like, like black olives, peppers... but I don't like olives and we didn't have any peppers. 
  
1  pound ground beef 
1  can (16 ounce) refried beans
1  jar (16 ounce) salsa
1  package (1 ounce) taco seasoning mix
2 1/2  cups coarsely broken tortilla chips (I just guesstimated, here)
4  medium green onions, sliced (1/4 cup)
 2  medium tomatoes, chopped (1 1/2 cups) 
1  cup shredded cheese
1  cup shredded lettuce
Brown the ground beef and drain the excess fat. Add the refried beans and salsa to the skillet, and heat over medium until the mixture begins to bubble. 

Prepare a 2 qt casserole dish by putting the crushed chips on the bottom. I also used this time to chop up my tomatoes.


When the beef mixture is bubbling and heated through, put the mixture over the chips in the casserole dish. Add half of the chopped tomatoes on top, and cover with the shredded cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. 


Put the rest of the tomatoes and the shredded lettuce on top of the casserole. 

You can also add more crushed chips on top! 

Taco Casserole!
 Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only