Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Ten Minute Tuesday: Organize Kitchen Drawers

Is it Tuesday already?

All the crazy weather has me with my days all mixed up. To be honest, having New Years in the middle of the week (yes, I know, it was two entire weeks ago) still has me all confused. Still.



Today, I took ten extra minutes around the house to... ba da dummmmm... organize my kitchen drawers (and by drawers, I mean three of 'em.)

Just set your timer and go- you don't need to get all your drawers done today, but it feels so good to go through as many as you can!

I don't know about you, but when we got married, I not only gained a spouse- I also gained a big sign on my forehead that says "Please give me kitchen utensils for every gift-giving holiday!"

We're blessed, and my kitchen drawers over- floweth.

First, I took all the stuff out of the drawers (one drawer at a time) and took out the things we use most commonly. I had about ninety thousand wooden spoons, so I just chose the ones we use the most, including some 'specialty' spoons (ie, the one Hunky Husband uses to stir Kool-Aid because it's got those lovely rainbow-colored stains).

The rest of the spoons went into storage for the time being, along with some of the extra kitchen supplies we were given for the wedding, but if we didn't have that box already in the attic, I would have donated them in a snap!

Now we'll have less shuffling utensils around to find the right ones!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only