Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Theme Thursday: Bare

Today, I'm linking up with Cari over at Clan Donaldson for Theme Thursday! This Thursday's theme?

Bare. Or Bear. I think I'm covering both bases on this one!


Just like the majority of the contiguous United States, we got lots of winter weather this past week. Unfortunately, because I live at work, the whole "my-car-won't-start-so-I-can't-come-in" thing didn't apply to Zeke or myself.  I cursed my 50-step walk to work while my nosehairs froze.

But I didn't  have to be out in it.

My Hunky Husband on the other hand... well, he's the guy who moves all the snow. So he did have to be out in it.

Granted, this picture was taken yesterday, when we had a high temp of 23 degrees (as opposed to the day before, at -19. Negative.Nineteen.Degrees.Fahrenheit.) and he wasn't at quite so much risk of frostbite....

But seriously? No coat? Bare arms?

Well, my big bear of a man, while snow-blowing, found himself becoming... get this... sweaty.

Meanwhile, I sat in my office, space heater on high and pointed directly at my feet, with a blanket over my lap, shivering. Well, opposites attract, right?

5 comments:

  1. What a great husband to go out and take care of the snow. I actually do all our snow removal but I love it and I let Husband do dishes because I have a serious dislike for that chore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh, dishes are the bane of my existence, too! We just got a dishwasher, and I am overcome with pure joy. My hubby likes doing dishes... he says it's relaxing. I think he's crazy. He would much rather have been doing dishes than blowing snow... but he's the maintenance guy here, so no luck!

      Delete
  2. That is a good man you've got there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And don't I know it! It was funny, though- you know the saying, "The cobbler's children have no shoes"? How about, "The maintenance man's wife has the last driveway to be cleared"!

      Delete
  3. lol at your comment but awww your hubby is so sweet. thank you for stopping by my blog. www.secretlilies.com

    ReplyDelete

nRelate Posts Only