Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Monday, June 2, 2014

Answer Me This and a Hunky Husband Life Hack


Thanks to Kendra for hosting Answer Me This! 

1. Do you have a smart phone?

No, siree, Bob. I would say that I have a dumb phone. No internet access, no camera, no games. It's a phone in the purest sense of the word.

It's actually one of those pre-paid phones, but not on a pre-paid plan. When the speaker on my old phone quit on me, I took out the SIM card from my contract phone when I realized that a new contract phone was going to run me over $100. I'm cheap, and it wasn't gonna happen. So I stuck my still-working SIM card into a much cheaper phone shell, creating a Franken-phone.

The front...

... and the back. Nothing fancy here, gals!
But!

Despite the lack of internet or games or even pretty-lookin' cover, it does have it's advantages. The battery life is amazing- it usually runs about a week and a half on one charge. Yeah. And I don't really worry too much if, say, I leave it in Zeke's golf cart overnight in a thunderstorm.


2. Which is your favorite meal of the day?

I would like to say breakfast, because, you know, most important meal of the day and all. But typically, I have coffee for breakfast (although that's changing!)...

I do really enjoy lunch, and for a couple of reasons- I don't have to cook it or clean up after it, I get to see my darling husband, my co-workers are simply lovely and nice to talk with, and getting out of my office and away from the computer is always a nice break.

Although- It's now summertime, so ignore all of the above. Except for the coffee part. Now that it's summer, we have millions of campers (yes, exaggerating) at every single meal... and so I'm back to breakfast. Because coffee.  


3. Shower or bath?

Depends. I typically shower in the morning, and I really prefer that. My husband, for all his other qualities, has one very annoying one... he values personal cleanliness above just about everything else.

Now, as far as his personal cleanliness is involved, this is a very good thing. He has a hot, sweaty, dirty, dirty job. He needs to bathe often.

The trouble is, he thinks that I need to bathe as much as he does. Which I don't feel is true. I shower in the morning, and that's enough until tomorrow morning. Zeke would prefer me to shower at night, too. We've come to an uneasy compromise- I take a quick shower in the evening sometimes... but most of the time, I take a bath instead. I get to relax, Zeke gets me clean, and sometimes he even rigs up an elaborate system of mirrors so I can watch TV from the tub. I'm a lucky lady.


4. Think of a person you love. How many days have you been in love with that person? 

2123 days. That large number somehow makes it seem... not as long?

I fell in love with him on this trip.
5. What's the best church you've ever been inside?

By far, I would have to say The Dom in Cologne.

I went to Germany with my mother when I was in high school. We stayed in Dusseldorf, but one day we made the trip, by train, to Cologne. We came up the stairs from the industrial, gray, modern train station, and BAM!

Image Source
Absolutely gorgeous. And I even walked all the way up the bell tower.


6. Happy Feast of the Visitation! Has anyone ever come to help YOU?

When we moved into Peace, I was still working full-time at a school, and moving day happened to be on a day when I couldn't get away. My mother-in-law and my mother came into town to help, which I'm sure must have been interesting. They're very friendly with one another, but are also complete opposites... so I'm not sure what all went down while I was at work, but I did come home to find oven mitts in three different places around the kitchen.



Thanks for hosting, Kendra! 

<><><><><><><><><><><>

And, since it's Monday, after all, it's time for a

Hunky Husband Life Hack
 Office Edition!
 Creative solutions, courtesy of Zeke
 


I asked Zeke if he had any extra door stops in his shop since we'd somehow lost ours in the registration office. He returned with this. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only