Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls (a not so great attempt)

This recipe looked so, so perfect. I mean, stick some stuff in a crock pot and voila! Cinnamon rolls!

And in honor of JB being here this week, I figured I might as well try it out for breakfast!

Here's the original recipe:

Crock Pot Cinnamon Rolls

1 can refrigerated biscuits
1/4 c melted butter
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

-Coat crock pot with cooking spray
-Roll biscuits into balls
-Melt the butter in a small bowl, mix in vanilla
-Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in separate bowl
-Roll biscuits in butter,  then in brown sugar mixture

  
-Place in crock pot. Cover with paper towel, place lid on top


-Cover, cook on low for 2-3 hours. 


-Glaze with powdered sugar frosting. 

 Little Wife's Notes: 

The recipe calls for cooking on low for 2-3 hours. I only cooked mine for 2 hours on low (barely), and they were pretty dark on the bottoms. I'm not sure if I should have used a smaller crock pot... mine's a 6.5 quart, and maybe that resulted in the over cooking. The over cooking made the flavor not as great, and also made the rolls kind of chewy. I wasn't impressed with the overall flavor- the cinnamon sugar really only penetrated the first layer If I make this recipe again, I'd only cook on low for an hour, then keep warm for a little longer, maybe a half hour. I'd also mix some cinnamon and sugar into the biscuits to make the flavor more incorporated.

Not as quick, easy and delicious as I'd hoped, but maybe with some tweaks, I can make it better next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only