Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Thursday, August 23, 2012

First Day of Work!!

So, the night that we got back from the Black Hills, I got a phone call. From a school.

I'd called all the schools in the area to ask about what paperwork I needed to become a sub, because it seems like every school is different. Now, I hadn't turned in this paperwork yet (still waiting on my teaching license to come in the mail... switching teaching licenses from one state to another takes forever), but one school had asked if I'd be willing to substitute for an Aide position. I said sure.

And then the school called and asked me to sub for an Aide position.

It was a little whirlwind, just getting back from vacation and getting called in for the next day. Very exciting. I had no idea what to wear.

The school was great- small, close-knit, and the teachers were wonderful.

It felt great, GREAT, to get back into the classroom. I was totally making mental notes of teaching styles, classroom set-ups, use of technology... it felt wonderful. Just another testament that teaching is where I'm supposed to be.

When I got home, I checked the mail, and lo and behold! My license! I made copies right away, and I'm planning on driving around tomorrow and delivering my application packets to a bunch of school districts. I'm excited. Hopefully I'll be busy this fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only