Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Monday, July 23, 2012

Married One Whole Month

Wow. Zeke and I have been married one month.


Check. Out. My. Dress! So pretty!

It's weird, really. I feel like it's been more like a year. In a good way, don't get me wrong; it just feels like it's been so much more than a month since we've been married. Our wedding feels like it was sooo long ago.

I guess it does make sense, though. In this month I've learned so many things about Zeke, myself, and about being married.

Zeke likes juice. Lots and lots of juice. He's a big guy, and after being outside running around all day, he's a thirsty guy. He does drink two 32 oz bottles of water during the day, but when he comes home, he wants more variety. I usually make about 3 gallons of Crystal Light or Kool-Aid (or whatever was on sale) every two days or so. That's a lot of juice. 

I have a lot of trouble getting out of bed on time when Zeke's there. Really. I wake up on time, but I usually roll over and get all cuddly with HH until he has to get up for work. Which is usually about an hour later that I was planning on getting up.

Zeke goes through about four shirts a day, and his clothes are a lot larger that mine are, which makes laundry a constant. It's ridiculous. I'm used to doing laundry once a week, but for the two of us, I could probably do two loads every day. I keep it to one load most days. So. Much. Laundry.

Making prayer (especially praying for my husband) a priority is important. Even when he's frustrating me, which hasn't been often, just praying for Zeke helps me. I heard somewhere once that prayer isn't a way for us to give God a list of all the things we want, it's a way for God to help align our desires to His will, to become more like Him in our thoughts and attitudes. I definitely can tell the difference in myself. After I've prayed for Zeke, I have a better, more godly attitude towards him and towards our relationship. Even after I've been super grouchy.


I'm sure I've got a lot more to learn in the next few months as well as all the years to come, but this first month has been so enlightening for me. I love being married even more than I expected. I'm really looking forward to seeing what the Lord does in our lives and for our futures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only