Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chocolate Chip Cookies on a Hot Day

Like most of the country this week, our outdoor thermometer looks like this...


Sidenote:  The Christmas lights? Well, the girls who lived here before us put them up all around our porch, and since they're a little tacky to have up in the summer (definitely college-student outdoor decorating going on here...) and we STILL haven't found the place to plug them in, they came down right after this picture was taken.


Anyway, in spite of the heat wave going on across the corn belt (angry farmers, friends. Angry farmers.), I needed cookies. NEEDED. COOKIES.

And so, even though it feels like some kind of terrible sin to turn an oven on when it's this darn hot outside, I made cookies.


Yummy! Zeke was pretty excited to come home. Every counter top (we don't have many counter tops) was covered with cooling cookies. I had fun making all of em.

Which brings me to my next thought. I love my KitchenAid Mixer. Looove it. Because I don't have much chance to cook this summer, I'm still using some of my new, beautiful wedding gifts for the first or second times. This was the second time I used the KitchenAid Mixer, and the first time I used two of my cookie sheets.

My beautiful KitchenAid Mixer.
Tomorrow is Zeke's birthday. I'm going to see if I can't make him breakfast in bed, since I haven't gotten him a present yet. Whoops. I found a crock pot egg dish recipe... we'll see if that happens. It'll be the first time I've used my crock pot, actually...

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only