Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Peanut Butter Balls!

The adventure continues! I'm still trying to find yummy and creative ways to use up what we've got around without buying a ton more stuff. This week's project? Use up the two huge containers of quick oats (both of which were open), and some of the unlimited peanut butter we have around here!

I found this super easy, four-ingredient, no-bake recipe for "Peanut Butter Balls."

Peanut Butter Balls  Little Wife
1/2 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
3/4 cup powdered milk
3/4 cup quick oats, uncooked

Add a topping if you'd like...
We used melted chocolate, but you could be creative with it! 
(Jelly dip? Oohh. Peanut Butter and Jelly Balls!)


And you only need four ingredients!

Mix all of your ingredients together in a bowl.


Roll the mixture into balls with your hands, and place the balls on a baking pan (or whatever you've got, really. Something flat).

After you've finished rolling, put the pan into the fridge for at least 20 minutes to let them set.

This is two batches, actually.


As an added touch, I had a couple of chocolate bars in my pantry, so I melted those with a little vegetable oil... and dipped the peanut butter balls in the chocolate.


All done!

Zeke's Hunky Husband consensus: So. GOOD. The only thing I'd change is that I'd make them a little smaller, so they're bite sized. 

We ate all of them within a week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only