Under Construction....

Please excuse my interweb-dust! Changes are underway- thanks for your patience!

Monday, July 16, 2012

DIY Reception Table "Number" Alternative




There are so many different ways to decorate wedding reception tables, but almost all of them include some kind of numbering or labeling tables. This helps with inviting tables to buffet lines if you're doing a buffet, or helping guests find their seats if you're doing a seating plan (I didn't, actually. It seemed like such a nightmare to worry about!)

Instead of using numbers on our tables, we decided to label them with places that Hunky Husband and I have been together. Here's how I did it.


Here's what I used:

-Cardstock
-A stamp (the one I used on the invitations) and silvery ink
-A glue stick (I used Elmer's brand, the 'craft bond' variety)
-Scissors
-A pen
-A printer (see my tips on using printers here)


First, I made a list of all the places I wanted to include, and made sure that it matched up with the number of tables. Then I found pictures of Zeke and I in each of the places. I printed the pictures onto plain white cardstock and cut them out, leaving a white border.
Faces smudged to protect our privacy
Then I typed out the name of each place (two on each page), printed them out on white cardstock, and used my stamp with a silvery ink to make a little design on each of them. 



Then, I took each of the pictures, and traced the size onto the cardstock with the name of the corresponding place. 

Then I cut them out...

and took a small rectangle of extra cardstock and folded it in half.


I glued the extra folded cardstock onto the inside of the label card,


and then glued it to the inside of the corresponding picture card.

Ta Da!

Note: I found that using an additional piece of cardstock to bind the two cards together makes the labels a little stronger and keeps them standing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

nRelate Posts Only